I don’t get it. Typically on any given day, I get between 25 and 50 hits or readers for my blog. Note a huge fan base for sure – but I like to blog. For some reason which I can’t figure out, my blog entry entitled “Mistakes Still Photographers Make When Shooting Video” got 687 hits in one day. Why?
1. Is it because it was a top “10” list of mistakes?
2. Is it because I left #10 open for comments?
3. Is it because of the word “mistake” was in the title?
4. Is it because “bullets” are easy to read?
5. Or was it just a slow blog day?
I blog when something is in my head that I need to write about. I know there are tips that serious bloggers offer – keeping in mind SEO, keywords and links. But maybe if I started to “write” with those things in mind – it would be just “that”. And it would certainly take the joy out of blogging for me.
Is this what people want?
- Blogs loaded with links whether interesting or relevant.
- Trendy and “hot” keywords
Or was it just a lot of interested still photographers who didn’t want to make mistakes when shooting video?